Monday, October 25, 2010

Transition to Fall


Dress: Kensie, tights: Topshop, cardigan: Joe Fresh, belt: Charlotte Russe, boots: Botkier, pendant: Hilary Druxman.

The weather here has been warmer than average for most of October, but when the sun goes down or the wind picks up it can be quite chilly, so I've been dressing in layers most days. I last wore this dress here, and added a cozy cardigan and boots to make the dress more appropriate for cooler weather.

I'm challenging myself this fall to stick to a budget in terms of clothing shopping, so I've been trying to stretch my wardrobe by remixing my clothes in as many ways as possible. It's been fun and challenging at the same time, and I now realize that I can live with buying way less clothing than I may have in the past. I've been fairly successful at sticking to buying only items on my wishlist, as opposed to impulse buying.

Do you stick to a strict budget for shopping?







11 comments:

  1. LOVE your chunky belted cardigan....so pretty and Fall...the boots are gorgeous with this:)

    I dont really have a shopping "budget".....I buy what I see and like within reason...if its a large ticket item that I HAVE to have....Ill save up for it:)

    Enter my Tulle Giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove the grey sweater with the yellow tights. In the past I have always bought sale items but here in Australia I have become even thriftier, it is so hard! I have discovered though that clothes can be remixed numerous times and even have fun trying to make things look different!
    http://crimsonrosella-kirstin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chas -oh this outfit looks so cozy and colorful. I agree about shopping our closets more and in fact on my outfit today besides the new dress everything else was old and from 1-2 seasons ago. And I love wearing fall dresses with prints (or florals!) with belted cardigans and tights/boots. naina

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the cardi and the colours xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute! This looks great on you!
    xoxo, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to do the same thing and it's been forcing me to open my eyes to the great items i already have. You look fabulous! I love the mustard tights with the grey sweater.

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your boots and fun tights. Gorgeous. I also am trying to mix up my fall pieces rather than buying tons of new ones!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm ashamed to admit that non, I don't! Sometimes there are weeks that I don't buy anything and there are times where I just go crazy! Not good. =(

    This dress can last you all year, I love it!

    besos,

    Win a Yola Couture Designer Dress at:

    20 YORK STREET

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am totally on a budget right now and somehow love reading that you and others are too - misery loves company!! But it doesn't have to be misery because it makes me realize I DO have great things - and clearly you do too!! LOVE your zigzaggy little dress!!

    xoxo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh beautiful! I love the tights and the way you've tied the belt. Gorgeous as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i've been reeling in the spending, too (wedding...) so i've been trying to 'shop my closet' its tough, but your outfit gives me hope!

    xx aj

    ReplyDelete